Dienstag, 2. April 2013

Kindle – One week after the arrival review




I’m the first one to pledge never ending love to the written/printed word on paper.

But. There are quite some reasons why an e-reader is handy. Having to go through extensive pdf files for example. Now I won’t have to print everything (and I already checked, you can highlight the texts, too), you can access a large number of free classic texts and you can finally read your favourite fanfiction on the go.
I do read a lot of light fiction and though (unfortunately) the pecuniary savings on e-books are not (yet?) that much I think I'll save a lot of shelf space. Plus did I mention you can also save the knitting patterns for your current ufo's on it to examine at your leisure/work on where ever you want.

That does not mean that I will ever stop buying/obsessing/cataloging/caressing actual books.

The devise itself is large enough to read comfortably and small enough to fit into my hand (small as it is), it’s lighter than my phone (not too hard as it is considered pre-historic by my peers). The frame looks good and is easily cleaned on a cotton shirt in case you have held it with sweaty hands. The screen has none of the feared blurring/light disturbances criticised in many reviews. It is easy and fairly intuitive operated. I think I will get to love this gadget <3

I made myself a sturdy cover to carry it around in my bagpack without being in constant fear of breaking it – though it seems pretty robust.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen